Sunday, October 10, 2010

Peace

So last night, I made a wish. I could wish for anything in the entire world. If I wanted a trip to the Seychelles on a private boat, I could wish for that. If I wanted doughnuts for the rest of my life, that too was a possibility. Or, the ability to live forever, fly, read people's minds, become the first woman President were all great contenders.
Instead, I only wished for one word. I guess it was pretty vague, and I suppose it was kind of designated for my personal use (and for people who I interact with, and for ...)
But I wished for peace. Hmmm, way to be original, yeah peace, love happiness, etc, etc..
What does peace mean for you?
Last night, it meant being content with myself, so incredibly content, that my mind could not wander even if it tried to, in another place already seen or somewhere unseen. It meant allowing whatever feelings that arose to come in, it allowed any unsettling sentiments to leave if they wanted to; without force, only by freewill. It meant being independent while also permitting myself to enjoy one's company, to be okay with the chance of missing them when they've gone.
To feel full to the very brim of peace when they've gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment