Tuesday, July 27, 2010

ummm 3 posts in one day? obsessive?

Well I just have to let the world know about my new addiction to Devendra Banhart. Especially his song, Baby. (The lyrics kill me).


Baby
I finally know what im going after
I'm learning to let in all the laughter
Holy Moley you´re so funny
You crack me up, you crack me up


Like some hog tied Kangaroos
You be one and I'll be one too
We can play it goofy or we can play it cool

Everything that happened
you know it don't mean a thing to us
cause so much is gonna happen
because

(these were just my favorite parts).

AHHH so refreshing. Now, I know I said earlier, "don't go make Devendra famous, god, please, spare him!" I just didn't exactly want a)him to become famous because personally, it would be a curse to be famous and b) for him to be a not-so-known treasure. Last night I was talking to someone who I admire about music and the mere fact that I stated my dislike for small bands to become famous really bothered him. He said something like, "you should share the music with everyone, everyone should hear it....and I know you probably don't want his music getting in the wrong hands but for everyone person who abuses it, there has to be at least one who loves it." And yes, I couldn't agree more. I love telling my friends about music I like- "what's your favorite song right now?" "do you know dr. dog? they're great!" "let me burn you a cd!" That is the usual talk between mi amigos y yo. And I should think of everyone as my friend.
Thanks Macabee.

No comments:

Post a Comment